How to Become a Licensed Mortgage Agent/Broker
An individual who wishes to become licensed as a mortgage agent in Ontario must:
- be 18 years of age or older,
- be a resident of Canada,
- have a mailing address in Ontario that can receive registered mail (not a post office box),
- be authorized by a Mortgage Brokerage to deal in mortgages,
- work for only one Mortgage Brokerage,
- meet the Mortgage Agent education requirements (below), and
- Have a valid e-mail address (this is necessary for the application process).
Mortgage Agent Education Requirements To meet the education requirements for a mortgage agent license, you must:
- Successfully complete one of the mortgage agent education programs that have been approved by the Superintendent, FSCO (listed below).
- Apply for a mortgage agent license within two years of successfully completing one of the approved mortgage agent education programs.
Approved Mortgage Agent Education Programs
The Superintendent has approved the following new mortgage agent education programs for licensing purposes.
These programs are provided commercially, and tuition fees are set by each program provider. All of these programs were developed using the same curriculum, but different providers may use different formats, such as classroom, correspondence, online, or a combination. All of these approved programs include a course of study followed by a final examination.
Mortgage Transit Inc. offers various career opportunities on full time and part time basis for mortgage agents and Brokers.
Mortgage Transit Inc. offers the most competitive commissions split in the market.
- Training and support
- Access to lenders
- Higher commissions split and eligible to receive volume bonuses
- Personal web page and email
- Flexible work schedule